Meet Davis, the calm, cool creative behind Recycled Flipflop Sculptures…
1. How did you get started?
I started carving from the wood and graduated to using discarded FlipFlops as medium of my work.
2. How long have you been doing this?
Been using FlipFlops for 10 years now
3. What is the name of your business?
Recycled FlipFlop sculptures (PTY) LTD
4. Where are you from?
What interesting facts can you tell us about Kenya?
Most artists are self taught like Cyrus Kabiru best known for his amazing spectacle sculptures.
5. Prior to this career, what was your previous career?
I had formal education till I was 15 so carving is all I ever knew.
6. Have you been well received in the market? Joining Made in Everywhere will open new opportunities - are you excited about this & what expectations do you have for 2017?
Absolutely well received. Yes, I think it's a terrific concept but admire most you guys passion to make it a successful venture.
7. Lastly, something fun & lighthearted - Christmas time / festive season - how do you normally spend it? do you celebrate; spend money on gifts for family & friends or go away on holiday (to escape the craziness)
Yes, I do celebrate Christmas with friends and family.